This Detox Cabbage Soup is one of my all-time favorites! It’s so easy to make, just all all the ingredients to a large pot and simmer on the stove and voila! Your soup is ready to eat in a jiffy.
Dr. Helene’s delicious Detox Cabbage Soup can be enjoyed as much as you like during our Seasonal Detox Program.
Click HERE to Learn About Our SPRING Detox Program
Click HERE to SIGN UP for our SPRING Detox Program
Click HERE for Dry Skin Brushing Directions
Why is Cabbage out good to eat during a Detox?
Not only is cabbage soup light, nourishing and healthy, but the cabbage itself has diuretic properties. That means the cabbage helps to rid your body of excess toxins and fluids! This soup assists your body with cleaning out your colon because it’s easy to digest.
- 3 cups coarsely chopped organic green cabbage
- 2 ½ cups organic vegetable broth OR plain water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes OR 1 large organic tomato, diced
- 3 medium organic carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks organic celery, chopped
- 1 medium organic onion, chopped
- 2 cloves organic garlic
- 2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon juice of an organic lemon
- 2 teaspoons organic dried sage
- 1 organic red bell pepper, diced
- Add any other organic spices or herbs you like!
In a large pot on top of the stove:
Combine cabbage, vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, bell pepper, vinegar, lemon juice, sage and any other spices in a large stock pot.
Put the lid on and let simmer 2 hours, or until all the vegetables are cooked and tender