Food Allergies VS Food Sensitivities
NOTE : Lactose intolerance is NOT a food allergy or food sensitivity!
Food Allergy: IGE reaction, immediate, HISTAMINE released
- Affects LESS than 5% of the population
- Must have a genetic component and an exposure (peanuts, shrimp, etc.)
- IMMEDIATE reaction (person eats a peanut and immediately has reaction)
- Reaction is a HISTAMINE reaction: Hives, Swelling of throat/mouth/tongue/
- NO cure, must avoid the item and carry an Epipen.
Food Sensitivities : IGG reaction, delayed INFLAMMATION reaction
- Affect MORE than 80% of the population
- You can be born with a tendency to develop food sensitivities
- DELAYED reaction, symptoms do not occur for hours or days after exposure
- Very hard to pin down what the cause of symptoms are
- Leaky gut: undigested or partially digested food that you have a sensitivity to will get thru the gut wall, causing CHRONIC systemic INFLAMMATION:
- Brain Fog
- Sinus congestion
- Joint Pain
- IBS & Digestive problems
- Skin problems (chronic itching, eczema, rashes, breakouts)
Dr. Pulnik’s Approach to Food Sensitivities:
- Heal the Gut- Specialty, comprehensive Testing and holistic treatment, including personalized nutrition programs based on your sensitivities, blood type and wellness goals, and more.
- Test to diagnose which foods are causing the sensitivity:
-Blood Test- blood draw or finger stick
-Advanced Allergy Therapy-non invasive, unlimited food testing
Food Sensitivity blood testing can test for up to 184 foods, and also spices, and herbs
Dr. Helene Pulnik provides comprehensive testing and holistic care for all types of digestive disorders including food sensitivities for children and adults.